Have you ever waited patiently for an upcoming doctor appointment only to realize while you were there, you forgot everything you wanted to talk to them about?
FMP Hanoi has listed some helpful reminders for when you plan your visit to when you are actually waiting to see the Doctor.
- Write down your discoveries; New symptoms, your pain levels, when you started new medication. This is not only going to help you, it will also give the FMP Hanoi Doctor an accurate reading on your symptoms. It will show them your pain level, how you responded to the new medications prescribed, etc.
- Bring a current list of medication; The FMP Hanoi Doctor should have this, but it helps if you have had any recent changes. Write down if you need any refills. Carrying it in your purse or wallet is very important in case something happens to you. List any prior surgeries, medical conditions, any allergies and a couple of names and phone numbers of your closest relatives, or friends and let them know you put them on your list.
- Write a list of questions you want to ask the Doctor – bring a notebook and pen to write down answers is always useful. Doctors can talk fast and you may understand what they said when they said it, but chances are you will forget it in a few days, especially if you have a few questions, or a procedure done afterwards.
- Organise for a lift; Most of the procedures will be easy but if you need a medical procedure you may not want to drive yourself after.
- Wear comfortable clothes; With certain procedures buttons or zippers get in the way; so consider the right clothes if possible.
- Cancel important obligations after your appointment: Your body needs to rest, so let it! Most of the time after a procedure you are not suppose to drive for 12 to 24 hours, take this time and let your body recover. Let the medications or procedure work. If you have small children try and ask someone to watch them for the day.
- Plan your meals ahead of time; Make sure you know what you will be eating in advance of your appointment and also don’t forget to drink lots of water and keep your body hydrated
- Carefully pick the day and time of your appointment; To avoid peak busy times; ask for the first appointment of the day and arrive early